You gotta love free right? Take a look at the lovely beads you can make today:
Nice huh? And they won’t cost you a penny to make because I bet you have all the supplies you need in your craft box: permanent markers (I’m using Promarkers), scissors, round or needle-nosed pliers (grab them from your hubby’s tool box if you don’t have your own) and a heat (AKA embossing) gun. Check out the short (3 1/2 minute!!!) video to see how it is done:
For those of you who prefer written directions here you go:
- Cut plastic bottle into strips.
- Color one side of plastic with permanent marker.
- Wrap it into a tight coil with pliers and use the pliers to hold it securely. Make sure you wrap it with the inked side facing inwards.
- heat it for about 20 seconds (or until it shrinks and holds it shape.)
- Use your fab new beads on your next jewelery project!
Here are the earrings I made:
My kids loved making these too. I precut the strips and let them color and wrap them. The held the pliers while I used the heat gun. Pleas supervise young children when doing this craft 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!