Hi friends! Today I want to share a project I did Friday…as in ALL DAY Friday. I made over my twin daughters bedroom for their birthday! You can see the before, after and reaction in the video!
1. Start with bedding, you can use what you have or buy something new, the beds take up so much of the room you should make sure you like the bedspreads. After deciding what you are using for the bed it is easy to pick other items like paint and accent fabric to match.
Comforters/pillow shams set: $40 each from Target
Batik fabric: $10 yard (I used a 50% off coupon so $5/yard)
Chalk Paint (I mixed the white and teal I already had AFTER using the white to touch up the trim)
2. When in doubt go neutral, I could not find a large teal rug so I went with beige, plus it was an after back-to-school steal of a deal!
Mohawk Carpet Remnant: $10.47 at Target (make sure the edges are bound, you don’t want a piece of raw edge carpet.)
3. Buy more storage than you need because you can return what you don’t use and you might not be able to find more if you need it like the fabric bins I got at the Dollar tree. I bought the 15 they had and since they were beige they would match whatever color I choose! The bins are also available in a chocolate-brown color, remember neutrals go with everything and your eye needs a place to rest when you are using lots of color everywhere else!
15 fabric bins from the Dollar Tree $1 each
4. Start by sorting, this room was a mes and I needed to get it cleaned before I could do anything else. Get a big bag for garbage and a box for donations, hamper for laundry and also a box for things that belong elsewhere in the house. Once you have those items sorted and out you can begin!
*I also assembled the bind and put them in the cubbies so I could put good items to keep away as I went!
5. If time is of the essence paint first, don’t even think about painting after the bedding and carpet is in. I cleaned, painted and then left the room to make the bean bag cover. I wanted to make sure everything was dry before bringing in any new fabric items!
I hope this inspires you to tackle a room makeover in your home, you can do it and it does not have to cost a ton of money. Best of all you can enjoy your home even more! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!