Hi friends! First up let me apologize for not having a live show today, we were hit by a ‘Noreaster with high winds and our electricity and internet were down today. I spent the day watching Harry Potter movies with the kids and painting watercolors in the living room. I can’t complain about a power outage because we have a generator and a wood stove, we are very lucky:) Several neighbors had large trees come down and rip electric wires off their homes and cause lots of damage. We fared quite well. I hope everyone who is digging out from this storm does so safely and if needed reach out to a neighbor for help or offer your home up to a neighbor in need. Take care of each other:)
I wanted to share this video tonight for a couple of reasons, first off I wanted to give you some hope and inspiration for your weekend crafting, no matter how badly a craft seems to be going you CAN salvage it and secondly because I mentioned the 40% off selected peg stamp sets and accessories sale going on at Rubber Stamp Tapestry and I wanted you to have a chance to grab some deals before the sale ends tomorrow night.
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry BIG sale – 40% off 90 sets AND 35% off crafting goodies + free shipping on orders of $75 shipped within the USA (use coupon code: FREESHIP75) Sale Ends 12/31/16
1. Stamp window box with black memento ink on Neenah white cardstock and color with chameleon markers. Use the mixing chamber if you want a blended image and start coloring in the lightest area. Practice on a scrap piece of cardstock if you are new to these markers.
2. Stamp on flowers with peg stamps and dye inks.
3. Accent image with white and black pens. Add more color and shading with alcohol pens if desired.
4. Run a scrap of cream cardstock through a embossing machine with a wood-grain embossing folder. Color with distress inks, gelatos and gesso. Repeat steps if desired until you get the look you want. Fold up top and bottom of that panel to make a contrasting border on the panel. Attach panel to frat cardstock with grommets and thread twine through he holes to make a frame.
5. Stamp Thank you with black pigment ink an heat emboss.
6. Make a 5″x7″ side fold card with cream card stock. Ink edges and stamp border is desired and attach all card elements.
I hope it goes without saying, use what you have, you do not need to have the exact same brand of ink, pastel, marker, pen etc to make a fabulous card. The best supplies to use are the ones you have. Have fun working through those mistakes and til next time happy crafting!
Filed under: Stamping | Tagged: alcohol markers, chameleon pens, copic tutorial, coupon code, marker tutorial, mixed media, peg stamps, Stamping, thank you card | 6 Comments »