Hi friends! Today I have a really fun project using alcohol ink on YUPO paper! You can use either liquid alcohol ink or alcohol ink markers (BTW the sale links to snag the 24 packs of Spectrum Nior markers are now working! You can get the four original 24 marker packs for $20 each and the two NEW 24 marker packs for $24 each and there are NO Duplication between any of the 24 or 6 packs sets so you can build your collections budget allows.) Thanks to everyone letting me know there was a problem with the links yesterday and being so patient while it was resolved:) You are the best!
If you don’t have YUPO paper don’t despair! You can use vellum/parchment (modern vellum is not really vellum, it is a plasticized paper) you can also use glossy cardstock for a similar effect or if you are feeling brave try this on any light-colored non porous surface like tile coasters or white dominoes. Watch the video for full instruction!
- Alcohol markers: Spectrum Noir Markers 24 packs on sale for $20-$24 this week at Consumer Crafts. Also on Amazon, and International viewers can purchase from Simon Says Stamp
- Liquid alcohol inks: Consumer Crafts, Also on Amazon, and Simon Says Stamp
- Hero Arts octopus Layering Stamp: Amazon, and Simon Says Stamp
- Yupo Paper
- White craft felt*Cheap acrylic craft store stuff is fine:) To make my ink blending tool I simply glued the hook side of Velcro to a small wooden block, the felt naturally sticks to it:)
- Alcohol or Alcohol ink Blending solution *The strongest you can get, I use denatured alcohol. SSS, Amazon
- Label die
- Spray ink, I make my own with liquid watercolor and water in a spray bottle but these from Lindy’s Stamp Gang are affordable if you don’t want to go through the trouble:)
- Clear “drops” for bubbles (get the clear ones and you can color them with alcohol markers or inks if you want other colors! You get a TON in a bag LOL!)
- Metallic gold crochet cotton
- Tombow liquid glue
- Foam tape adhesive
- Distress oxide ink: Amazon, SSS
- Ranger Archival Ink: Consumer crafts $4.27 a standard size pad, SSS $5.99 a pad but they also offer minis and sets, Amazon *Note, the ancient page ink I used in the video is the same kind of ink as ranger archival. I looked for these inks and the only place I found therm were really expensive on amazon, I think they are discontinued so I recommend getting Ranger Archival because you can get reinkers and they are more affordable.
- Foil anchor
I hope you enjoy experimenting with alcohol ink on yupo paper, if you don’t have Yupo try whatever glossy paper you have or even acetate sheets or vellum. Art is all about experimenting and having fun so make some time for arts and crafts today! This post contains affiliate links, when you shop via my special discount links you help support the free content on my channel and get great deals, thank you and happy crafting!