Hi friends! Today I am sharing a fun painting I did of crayons! I recently dug all my kid’s crayons out to see how they fared against artist-grade crayons and I thought these humble Crayolas would be a nice subject for a painting!
You can find a real-time lesson for this project in Critique Club. For only $5 a month, you get access to almost 100 real-time, in-depth art tutorials (2 new tutorials added each month!), monthly art prompts, and the ability to upload your art for feedback from me. If you want to be a part of this vibrant community of artists of all levels we would love to have you!
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- QoR Watercolors *I recommend the high chroma set, 6 tubes for $27
- Arches watercolor paper 9″x12″ 140# cold press block
- Colored pencils: Prismacolor and Brutfuner Macaron
- Pastel Pencils
- White gel pen
- Acrylic black pen
- Black fineliners
Here is the reference photo I took:
Reminder! 50% off Specials on Critique Club Archives through January 31!
- 50% off launch special on the 2022 Critique Club Archive This class gives you lifetime access to all 24 art lessons posted in Critique Club during 2022. Regular price $60, with discount $30. Use coupon code 2022SAVE50 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically. Offer ends 1/31/23
- OR You can save 50% on the entire Critique Club Archive Bundle. This gives you lifetime access to the 96 real-time art lessons posted in Critique Club from January 2019 and December 2022 all for one low price. This is a $240 value. Regular price $200, with the discount $100. Use coupon code ARCHIVE50 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically. Offer ends 1/31/23
I hope you have a great weekend and til next time happy crafting!