Congrats to all who participated in Inktober, or any other drawing challenge this year! What fun it was and though it is tiring at times it is so fun to finish it! If you would like a closer look at any of the Inktober drawings you can see them on my Instagram page. You do not need to have an Instagram account to click on my page to view them.
If you like this style of work you may enjoy Critique Club Where I have 68 long, real-time live narrated tutorials, creative prompts and inspiration (and 2 new lessons added monthy!) you will be learning how to use all of those mixed media supplies and you can even receive personalized feedback fro me. Details here.
FYI there was a weird bit of freaky picture distortion at the bottom of the screen like an old VHS tape for a few minutes in the middle of this Livestream. There was speculation that the raven painting was haunted, then again it’s Halloween and I just watched Poltergeist so I might be imagining things LOL!
Here is a list of supplies I used during the month. Affiliate links to Blick and Amazon are used and I do earn a small commission if you purchase through my links but it doesn’t cost you anything extra. Thank you for your support!
Please keep in mind that you do not need all of these things to create the art I shared. I use different supplies based on where I am drawing and what reviews I might be working on. One set of alcohol markers, pencils, or watercolors is fine as long as they do what you want them to do. The list below is for your convenience in case you want to know more about any of the products I used. Let me know if I forgot to link something, it’s totally possible that I will.
- Arrtx Marker Pad kirakira 7″x7″ (thin marker paper)
- Arrtx 7″x7″ WakuWaku mixed media pad (thicker paper)
- Rendr by Crescent Sketchbook (no show through paper, you can use markers on both sides!) 5.5″ x 8.5″ Blick or Amazon
- Hahnemulhe the collection paper (9″x12″ block)
- Hahnemulhe bamboo mixed media paper
- Hahnemulhe cezanne watercolor paper
- Strathmore toned tan mixed media paper
- Arteza marker paper (honestly, not a fave)
- Arteza 5″x5″ watercolor sketchbook (love these!)
- Handmade watercolor sketchbook by Rosi Garmendia Buyers will get free domestic shipping plus a free handmade card when they enter the coupon code WELOVETFC in the cart.
- Artify markers 108 set (great value)
- Arteza everblend brush markers (portrait and deco sets)
- Arrtx Alp Markers all varieties (especailly the pastel and grey sets)
- Ohuhu markers 320 set
- Tombow waterbased markers
- Dr PH Martins acrylic ink
- Renesans watercolors and liquid charcoal *10% odd coupon code: FRUGAL10
- Art Whale watercolor tube watercolor
- M Graham watercolors
- Rosa Gallery watercolors (an awesome deal on professional grade!)
- Pretty excellent watercolors (best value student/craft grade)
- Prismacolor premier pencils Blick or Amazon
- Brutfuner 520 set of colored pencils (great for touch-ups because 520 colors, excessive I know LOL!)
- Phoenixciolor pencils
- Derwent Chromaflow pencils
- Colerase pencils: Blick or Amazon
- Winsor & Newton Fineliners Blick or Amazon
- Dr PH martin Bleedproof white
- Caran Dache Neocolor 2 (watersoluble) crayons: Blick or Amazon
- Derwent graphitint paint pans: Blick or Amazon
- Derwent graphitint pencils: Blick or Amazon
- And every inktober I finish I buy myself a treat and this year I ordered a set of 48 gansai tambi watercolors and the Boku Undu Watercolor set of 6
I hope you had a nice weekend and a happy Halloween. We usually don’t get many trick or treaters but we were wiped out of candy by 6:30pm and had to start handing out bags of microwave popcorn and Nutrigrain bars! Hubby made a dash to the closest convenience store and restocked. I’d never seen anything like it! Well, if my house gets TPd we can use it as a paper mache project LOL! Happy crafting!