Hi friends! Today I have a fun painting tutorial for you, a love bowl of peaches perfect for summer!
Here is the reference photo I used courtesy of Graphicstock.
Watch the video and paint along!
I decided it would be fun to paint a bowl of peaches on a weathered blue table after reading [listening to the audio book actually] The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. It was a really fun book and would make a great summer beach read. I think I might need to download a couple more of Sarah Addison Allen‘s book to read on vacation, she has a nice way of describing small town life and the bond of female friendships (in this book at least!)
- Watercolors (Rembrandt) Cad Red Deep, Cad Yellow Deep, Olive Green, Turquoise, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna
- 9″x12″ Arches watercolor block CP
- A variety of watercolor brushes
- #10 & #4 round (Aqualon)
- 3/4″ flat (Mimik)
- 1″ oval Wash or any large brush for wetting the paper (Zen) *This kitThis kit would have all the brushes you would need and they are high quality.
- Other: Pencil for sketching, white plastic eraser, 2 water buckets, paper towels
***If you need paper and want to try Rembrandt paint this kit has a 9″x12″ arches block and 7 tubes of Rembrandt for a steal (you will need to mix your greens though to paint today’s painting, I have this set and the block I am painting on today came in this kit. It is a nice way to sample Rembrandt paint before making a big investment too and an extra block of Arches watercolor paper always comes in handy!)
Follow along and have fun! Remember you can pause, slow down or speed up the video anytime you want. Click the gear icon at the bottom of the video player anytime you want to change the speed. Want more painting instruction? Check out my NEW Essential Watercolor Course. I hope you are having a great week and til next time happy crafting!