Hi friends! Today I have a super fun tutorial that will allow you to animate the stamps you already have using a analog lenticular animation technique!
I have seen 2 companies come out with animated stamps and that’s pretty cool but you can also get the same effect using supplies you already have! You can use whatever colors you like to make this but black seems to show off the effect the most. Watch the video too see how!
- Dragonfly or butterfly clear stamp *The set I used is from Inkadinkado but I could not find it anywhere, this one is close. Clear stamps work better than rubber only because they are squisher.
- Clear stamp blocks
- Lightweight cardstock (white and color of your choice)
- Craft knife *I love the new easy change knives from Fiskars!
- Metal edge ruler
- 1/8″ Scor-Tape
- 1″ circle punch
- Cutting mat
- White pen *my favorite white pens!
- Low tack painters tape, masking tape or washi tape for securing you paper.
- Ink pad to match your colored cardstock
- Marker to make your colored cardstock
Time: Plan on spending 20 minutes on this project.
If you want to see the easier store-bought animated stamp sets you can find them here.
I also made an SVG template so I could cut them quickly with my electronic die cutter, you can grab it here. Directions: arrange in your die cut software so it will cut 3/8″ in from the top and left hand side of the mat and then place a 5.5″x8.5″ (half sheet) of cardstock vertically on the left side of the real cutting mat making sure it is aligned at 0″ in the upper LH corner.
You could also print a striped transparency like Uchi designs sells or use their kits for a very easy version!
If you like this tutorial please share it with a friend using one of the handy sharing buttons below! It really helps my channel grow and inspire more crafters! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!