Hi friends! I like to make my own embellishments for cards and scrapbook pages. I also like techniques that I can use my stash of stamps without using anything up. That is what I love about rubber stamps (as opposed to stickers and other embellishments) you can keep using them but you never use them up. Because of this it is important to collect really versatile rubber stamps, especially if you are a beginner. Here I am using several Rubber Stamp Tapestry set to make some postage stamp embellishments. Oh! Before I forget use the coupon POSTOID16 to get 20% off your peg stamps and peg stamp sets order of $10 or more at Rubber Stamp Tapestry through 6/5/16. (sets I used are linked below)
This technique is really useful for smaller stamps and sometimes those can be the most challenging to use because we have to be creative and build a whole design ourselves but working within the confines of a small “window” it becomes very fun and easy! So, grab your small stamps and let’s get started!
I like to make a bunch of these and save them for future use on cards and scrapbooks or swap them with other stampers.
- Craft knife & Ruler for cutting masks (save them to use again and again!)
- Dye ink
- Sponges or ink brushes
- Small Rubber Stamps: Lotus Pond, Sea Horse Garden, Pansy Garden, Starfish and Shells, Sand-dollar and Starfish Border, Coral and Triton Border, Crab, Auntie’s Strawberry garden, Sea Turtle Mama, Shell Border, Trigger Fish
- Stamp edge deco scissors (Fiskars)
- paper piercer or piercing wheel (EK Success or Scor-pal)
1. Cut a mask (window) with as many rectangles as you like from cardstock or acetate.
2. Tape the mask to white cardstock and stamp in the opening.
3. Sponge or sweep ink over the mask to color the background.
4. Cut around with stamp edge scissors and pierce holes between the stamp squares.
I hope you try this fun technique, make sure to keep the masks you cut so you can make more in the future, I have been using mine for years! Don’t forget, get 20% off your peg stamps and peg stamp sets order of $10 or more using coupon code: POSTOID16 at our sponsor Rubber Stamp Tapestry but don’t wait, the 20% off coupon is only good through 6/5/16. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!