Hi friends! I had a great time painting this butterfly. I didn’t have anything planned when I started but the butterfly was so pretty that I wanted to turn it into a finished artwork. It really needed a background and I didn’t want it to feel “cut and pasted” so today I will show you how to integrate an interesting background after you have painted a subject.
This video is real-time so feel free to paint along, or watch it through and paint along after. You can pause anytime you need to. Just be sure to have fun!
If you like this real-time tutorial you will love my online classes! I am running 3 specials this month:
- 50% off launch special on the 2022 Critique Club Archive (Use coupon code 2022SAVE50 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically)
- OR You can save 50% on the entire Critique Club Archive Bundle (Use coupon code ARCHIVE50 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically)
- AND Save 40% on Watercolor glass Class today by clicking the special discount link (Use coupon code GLASS40OFF if the discount doesn’t appear automatically) *Offers are good through 1/31/2023
Supplies (Affiliate links used)
- Inspiration: the palette card I used is from The Color Cube
- Watercolor paper: Hahnemulhe Cezanne
- Watercolors (regular) DaVinci
- Watercolors metallic: Dreamland
- Arrtx travel brush set
- Stamps for texture, these are good and this *Bubble wrap can be used too!
- Colored pencils: Brutfuner or Kalor Macaron and Prismacolor
- Fudenosuke pen set
- White gel pen
I hope you enjoyed this full-length tutorial and til next time happy crafting!