Hi friends! I love versitile designand this card can be used for Christmas, Winter or New Year. You can also substitute what I used for what you have! Win win!
There are lots of fun techniques and money saving tips in this video!
This is a “Use what you have” type of project if I ever saw one (cuz who has time to run out for supplies this close to Christmas?)
Supplies (Affiliate links used)
- Embossing folders: The Christmas one is by Darice, the other Embossing folder (3-D) is here. *Tip, the 3-d folders are pricey so I only get generic pattern ones that can be used for multiple cards and occasions to get the most bang for my buck!
- Silver gilding polish (Cosmic Shimmer)
- Black, white and pastel purple and blue cardstock.
- Sentiment stamp
- Snowflake die (I used an old sizzix embosslets but this die set has a similar snowflake and this set has a nice variety too.
- Organza ribbon
- Acrylic mousse
- Snowflake stencil (also the fist snowflake dies I linked to can be used as a stencil but I haven’t tried that with paste before.
Before I go I want to relate a funny story. A few years ago I decided that life was too crazy and busy and I didn’t want to make Christmas cards that year. My kids were little and I was overwhelmed so I let that task go and enjoyed December with my family. I believe cards should be made with joy and love, I mean, who would want one made of fatigue and spite LOL! A couple of days after that Christmas I was feeling relaxed and really in the mood to make cards so I made Happy New Years cards and sent them instead! It was a surprise to my family and friends and I think that’s good because it’s nice to have a little perk when you think the festivities have ended and you are staring down the barrel of a long Maine winter. In other words, have fun and make stuff when you want to! Happy crafting!