Hi friends! Today is out first “snow day” where school is canceled and we are all home. I have all my Christmas cards ready to be addressed and mailed out and I think we will decorate the inside of the house for Christmas. I think I will make some homemade pizza dough today too since we are all here and I love the smell of bread baking. It doesn’t get much more homey that that!
Today I am going to share one of this years Christmas card designs. I will warn you I am using some older product so if you want to make this card you can substitute it for stuff you have. I love using up older products and mixing older stamps with new papers and stuff. I don’t like how stamping has become so “fast fashion-like” with stamps being discontinued as soon as you buy them. You can use any frame or wreath stamp in lieu of the frame I used and stamp a Santa face if you don’t have this paper (although I just bought this sheet of paper so it should still be available LOL!) Watch the video and then make your own!
Supplies (affiliate links may be used)
- Pattern Paper: the Paper Studio (25 cents a sheet on sale)
- Kraft cardstock (lightweight)
- Cream cardstock (#110 heavyweight)
- Ink (versafine Clair ink Rainforest and Glamour)
- Embossing folder (Botanical 3D folder by Sizzix/Tim Holtz)
- Sentiment Stamp & Dies (from Poinsettia stamp set by Stampendous)
- Stamps: Sorry, I can’t find these available anywhere:( Frame Stamp & Die (from Cameo stamp set I think was from Time Holtz/Sizzix)
- Mini Bow Die (Waffle Flower)
- Other: Gems/Pearls/Rhinestones
I’ll share some other quick and easy Christmas cards and favors over the next week or so. In addition to making something meaningful crafting can give you a relaxing break from the hectic holiday season. Happy crafting!