Hi friends! I am not sure if this post will be more useful to my regular readers or new friends looking for gift ideas for the artist in their life. It can be super tricky to buy for someone with a hobby (especially if you don’t know what they have) but there are some things that artists and crafters will find useful no matter what is in their current stash!
In today’s video I will give you options both practical and fun that will delight the creative person in your life! BTW I created this video for HGMM so if you need any home and garden inspiration check them out!
Here is a run-down of the items I mentioned in the video!
– Mimik Faux Squirrel Brushes
– Arches Paper
– Daniel Smith Watercolor Sticks or any watercolor crayons
– Metallic Watercolors
– Light box
(for beginners to watercolor)
– Cotman sketcher box
– Strathmore Wind Power Paper Pad
– Royal Aqualon or Majestic Assorted Brush Set
For Acrylic Painters
– Palette Paper
– Acrylic Mediums
– Gelli Arts or Gel Press Printing Plate & Rubber Brayer
(for beginner to acrylics)
– Try an all in one paint/brush. easel set, Royal & Langnickle makes some affordable ones that they sell in the big-box stores reasonably under the Art Instructor line.
For Oil Painters
– Senseo Clear primed linen panels or stretched canvas
– Black Swan brushes (Faux red squirrel)
– Oil Bars or Paint Sticks
For Pastel Artists
– Schminke Soft pastels assortment
– Sanded pastel paper
– Pastel storage box
– Pan Pastels/Sofft tools (sponge applicators)
– Adult coloring book and markers/colored pencils/gel pens
– DIY Origami kit
– Nice cardstock (12”x12” for scrapbookers, 8.5”x11” for cardmakers)
– Coloring mediums: Markers, Pencils, Calligraphy pens
– Card-making or scrap-booking subscription box
– Stamp carving kit
– Stitch markers
– Knook (cross between knitting needle and crochet hook)
– novelty looms
Quilter, Knitter, Decorative painter
– Subscription to a project magazine (or renewal)
– Sculpey 3 Polymer clay assortment pack
– Portfolio water soluble pastels
– Prang watercolors and real watercolor paper
– Perler Beads (heat fuse beads)
– Klutz book
– Big sketchbook or newsprint pad and non toxic chalk pastels
There are so many wonderful creative gifts you can give. Best of all you are giving someone the gift of self expression and the feeling of satisfaction in competing a new project of learning a new skill. Speaking of learning a new skill you can always give the gift of a class and with online classes they can take them whenever they want in the comfort of their own home with no worries of missing a class is they are not feeling well or the weather is bad. Online craft classes are available for any art or craft genre from painting in any medium, quilting, photography, cake decorating, papercrafting, jewelry making and even wood-working. Learning a new skill is a gift you will treasure always. If you need some ideas Craftsy has they top 200 classes on sale for $20 or less this weekend, see what they have to offer! Any class you buy helps support the free content on my blog and YouTube channel and I thank you for your support!
I am sure you will find the perfect gift for your crafty friends! Good luck and happy crafting!
Filed under: christmas | Tagged: art gifts for kids, craftsy sale, crafty gifts, creative gift ideas, gift ideas, gift ideas for artists, gift ideas for crafters, gift ideas for painters, gifts for kids, gifts for knitters, gifts for quilters, gifts for watercolorists | 2 Comments »