Hi friends! Remember how much fun it was to color when you were a kid? Well, it’s still fun as I am sure you know but it can be frustrating too. Today I am going to share tips and techniques for coloring with alcohol markers and you can try along with me using the markers you have.
I will have a download for my bird of paradise drawing in the supply list below the videos. I broke the lessons into two videos, the first is a primer on alcohol markers and what other supplies you might need to begin coloring. If you are familiar with the supplies you can skip to the coloring tutorial in the second video. I also go over the differences between the different kinds of markers available (brush, bullet, and chisel nib) as well as compatible paper and ink in the first video so if you are considering getting started and you do not have supplies yet it will be very informative.
In part 2 we will finally get to color, yay!
This video is sponsored by Bianyo offering Superior art product at affordable prices *Check out specials/coupon codes below! *The links below contain the discounts mentioned and the discounted price will show at checkout.
- Bianyo Professional Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Brush Markers Set (Set of 72, Display Box) SAVE 20% with coupon code: 20BRUSHNIB (20%) start date: 2019-4-2306:00AMPDT end date:05/20/201911:59 PM PDT
- Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers（Set of 72, Travel Case）
- Bianyo Classic 36 markers in Display/Gift box Save 15% with coupon code: 15BIANYO (15%) start date: 2019-4-2306:00AMPDT end date:05/20/201911:59 PM PDT
- Bianyo Bleedproof Marker Paper Pad– 9″X12″- 50 Sheets
- Bianyo Archival Ink Micro Pens
- Free Illustration (Digital Stamp) of Bird of Paradise to download and print for the coloring tutorial in part 2: PDF version, JPG version, Transparent PNG version
- Other resources for stampers: Card stock for markers: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth #80 or #110, Stamping Ink for alcohol markers: Memento
Here is a photo of the Bianyo markers arranged the way I like them. The plastic inserts in the box keep each marker in place. After arranging them I made a new swatch to represent the order.
You can organize your markers in whatever way that makes sense to you. Also, alcohol markers can have a steeper learning curve than other coloring media so make sure you are fair to yourself and give yourself time to learn and practice. I hope you enjoyed today’s video lesson and you learned some skills to use on your next project! Til next time happy crafting!
4 thoughts on “Color with me and learn about markers! Free Image Provided!”
Hi Lindsay, I just wanted to thank you for the pussy willows! I believe that I requested this tutorial and I was just blown away when I saw it on you tube today! I’m going to try it tomorrow despite a broken shoulder. Then I saw the fuchsia tutorial.. My goodness that is gorgeous! I’m feeling inspired thanks to you. So thank you thank you thank you! Diane
I hope your shoulder heals soon:)
Thanks for all that information. I’ve never tried alcohol ink pens before.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thinking about doing something in markers now
LikeLiked by 1 person