Hi friends! Do you have stamp sets that have several related characters? Today I’ll show you how to combine them using the masking technique so you can turn a solo stamp into a party!
I have seen many cute stamps recently that will have a gaggle of characters grouped together like this but with those stamps you only get one option but if you have a set of single characters you can group them however you want giving you more bang for your stamping buck! Watch the video to see how and remember to save any masks you cut for future cards.
This tutorial is sponsored by Top Flight Stamps! SAVE 10% off your next order with coupon code: thefrugalcrafter10 *USA orders of $50+ ship free!
- Katzelkraft Meerkat stamp set, *Any of the other Katzelkraft animal sets would also be super cute with this technique.
- Patterned paper (I use a stack from My Minds Eye)
- Star and circle dies
- Skintone/Neutral 24 marker set
- Inkpads: Memento– best for alcohol marker coloring (rich cocoa)
- Ink cubes: Gina K
- Post it notes or post it tape
- The round sentiment is a moldy-oldie from my stash from Stampin Up
Variations on a theme…
- Draw or die-cut a Polaroid frame and use this technique to make a “selfie” themed card.
- Use this technique when you are making a card from a group of people, such as “Happy retirement from the gang!” or anytime you are going to have a group of people sign a card. People will have fun matching the stamped critter to the person in the office LOL!
- You can get a more elegant look by using butterfly stamps and coloring the with jewel tones.
Whether you like cute or quirky, elegant or sassy you can get more bang from your stamping buck with this masking technique. Give it a try on your next card and til next time happy crafting!