Hi friends! Today I am going to share a gorgeous craft project that you can make inexpensively with your family and friends to decorate your homes this holiday season!
You can put battery-operated tea lights or fairy lights in these sweet glistening jars for a glowing frosted effect. You can even make coasters to match. I’ll show you how in today’s video!
Supplies (Affiliate links used)
- Glass jars (Save and reuse any glass jars)
- 4″ glazed white tiles (if making coasters) they are about 14 cents at a big box home improvement store
- Clear Glitter or Epsom Salt (it’s less sparkly but more earth-friendly, cheaper and it looks like snow) I used fine glitter for the inside of the jar and chunky glitter on the rim.
- Folk art enamels *you can also get these open stock at most big box craft stores.
- Brushes: #1 liner, #4-6 flat
- Q tip
- Burlap or ribbon
- Red buttons or jinglebells *or any embellishments you like)
- Jute twine
- White glue or mod podge
- Hot Glue
- White latex caulking or snow tex or embossing paste.
I hope you give this thrifty upcycled craft a try and til next time happy crafting!
PS I am planning on going live on YouTube at 2pm Eastern Time with a watercolor tutorial if you want to check it out!