Howdy friends! I have a problem, I’ve mentioned it before, I hoard supplies. Oh, I have no problem using them or sharing them but just purging them? Never! And it’s a good thing because every once in a while I think of a way to use an oldie but goodie, in this case rub-on transfers (AKA rub-ons.)
I urge you to dig out any old rub-ons you have and try making these cards. Rub-ons can crack and not transfer as they age so let’s make sure they get used! Watch the video to learn a new way to make a quick card.
No rub-ons? Don’t worry, these cards would be just as pretty with a stamped sentiment and if you want to do the resist technique I share in the video simply stamp in clear and emboss in white and it will work the same, or write your sentiment with a white crayon, get creative people! 🙂
The stamps I used are from our sponsor Rubber Stamp Tapestry! Get 20% off your mounted stamp order of $10 or more with coupon code: ONELAYER *Offer good through 6/25/16
- Rub-on transfers (or you can use a sentiment stamp, handwriting or print from a computer:)
- Ink pads in your choice of colors
- Masking tape
- Post it note (cut into an oval)
- Oval template and ruler
- Black pen/marker
- Heavy white cardstock or watercolor paper
- Stamps From Rubber stamp Tapestry, Retro Sundress, Dogwood forest, Between the Paving Stones, Bright New Day
Tip! If you own several peg stamp sets mix them up for more options and versatility! I store mine all together to I can combine them easily on projects!
1. Mask area where your sentiment will be with tape or a post it note.
2. Ink around mask with a light ink and then fill the area with small stamped images.
3. Remove mask and outline masked area with a fine tip black marker.pen.
4. Apply rub on in masked area. If you are using a white rub on on white paper apply watery ink over the rub on to make it show up.
5. Flick on ink as desired!
These are fun to make in batches. Get creative with your stamps and use up those old rub-ons! I love using up old stash, it helps me justify buying new stash! If you want to add any of the stamps I used today (or others) to your stash make sure to use the coupon code ONELAYER to save 20% at Rubber stamp Tapestry. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!