Hi friends! Today we are going to decoupage some canvasses for spring/summer decor!
Some calendars are too pretty to throw away and I came across this pretty one I got at the dollar tree a couple years ago when I was cleaning my craft room. I added some mulberry paper, vellum and paint to make two 16″x20″ canvasses to hang on either side of my mirror over my fireplace. Watch the video for full step by step instructions!
- 16″x 20″ Canvas
- Matte Modpodge
- Mulberry paper
- Printed tissue (I used vellum but it wrinkled like crazy!)
- Acrylic paint
- Old calendar or collected ephemera you want to collage with (my calendar was from Dollar Tree)
- Eye hooks and wire for hanging
1. Cover canvas with mulberry paper using matte mod podge (wrap excess paper to the back for a finished edge.
2. Adhere vellum/tissue and then adhere cut-out shapes with mod podge.
3. Let dry.
4. Apply rose paint mixed with mod podge to make a glaze to the edges of the canvas. Repeat with brown and black to make it look antique.
5. Add screw eyes and water to the back of the canvas frame and hang on the wall!
Video sponsored by LAVA Soap! Visit the LAVA Soap website for money saving coupons and to find a store near you! Thanks for watching! If you have any ideas of what I should put on my mantle to go with the collages let me know in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!