Hi friends! Today we are going to get inky and make a cheerful belated birthday card!
I am really loving playing with my new Distress Oxide inks but you don’t have to have them to make this card, use the inkpads you have and see how they work, even in the effect isn’t identical that’s part of the fun! Crafting would be pretty boring if we all made the exact same stuff. Watch the video to see how this card was put together then try some of the techniques for yourself:)
Supplies from Sponsor Top Flight Stamps (Use coupon code thefrugalcrafter10 to save 10% on your order!)
- KAI Scissors for trimming stamps
- Cutter bee scissors for paper
- Bristol Board (Heavy cardstock for mixed media)
- Distress Oxide inks
- Distress ink
- White Gel Pen (Uniball Signo)
- Black Micron pen 03 and 08 size
- Chalk Markers (Crafty Croc)
- Brads (The tiara shaped ones I have are discontinued:(
- Double stick tape (ATG adhesive)
- Blending sponges: See tutorial here
- Spray bottle of water
- Black heavy cardstock (Recollections #110)
- Embossing folder from Nifty Fifties set (Cuttlebug)
The watercolor I used are not on the market yet but you can get more info here.
I have to admit I feel like a bit of a doofus giving a belated birthday card but the funny thing is I often get told that it’s better than an on-time birthday greeting because it is unexpected and it extends the celebration longer. At least we can still show someone we care even if being punctual is not out strong suit:) Do you send belated birthday cards? Let me know in the comments below and share any clever sayings you put on them, it will help us all out! Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!