Hi friends! I am so excited to share this video with you today! I compiled the most used techniques that you will need to make almost any beaded (strung) jewelry project in today’s video! I wanted it to be like a class that you can return to time and time again. That’s why I also included time stamped links to each technique in this blog post. You will be able to jump to the technique you need to know. I hope it is helpful to you!
I know this is a long video but I didn’t want to sacrifice techniques just to fit it into a short YouTube friendly video length. I do have a favor to ask though, if you like long, in-depth videos such as this please watch, like and share it. That way YouTube will see that content like this has value. Thanks so much! And now on to the video!
*Please note this video is a beginner introduction to jewelry making and does not cover bead stitching. If it did we’d be here all day LOL!
For your convenience I have time-stamped the techniques in this video for easy future reference. I hope you find this helpful and if you have any questions let me know in the comments!
Basic tools and supplies overview 2:43
- #1 12:25 How to remove a kink or bend from a headpin and straighten wire.
- #2 13:20 How to make a simple loop
- #3 How to open and close a jump-ring. 15:10 Opening a jump ring. 16:08 Closing a jump-ring
- #4 18:03 Adding an ear-wire to earrings
- #5 19:20 How to make a wrapped loop (more secure than a simple loop)
- #6 22:30 How to measure and cut chain
- #7 24:49 How to attach clasps (for bracelets and necklaces)
- #8 Techniques for working with chain: 27:27 How to attach chains. 30:22 How to make a chain tassel
- #9 32:09 How and why to use bead caps
- #10 How to attach crimp beads: 33:00 How to attach a crimp bead with any pliers and use a crimp cover. 35:52 How to attach a crimp bead with crimping pliers
I want to thank our sponsor Annie’s Simply Beads Kit-of-the-Month Club! I really enjoyed putting together the jewelry set I was wearing today. Join now and get 50% off your first month and 3 free gifts! Use coupon code “FRUGAL”.
Would you like to see more jewelry projects on my channel? Let me know what you want to learn in the comments below and til next time happy crafting!