Hi friends, as you know I love mixing old and new supplies to make cards. To be honest there aren’t too many stamps out there that can pull me away from my tried and true collection amassed over decades. If you don’t have a big collection and want to get something new there are lots of options!
The real inspiration of this card were some pretty metal look stickers I found at the dollar tree a few months ago. I thought they would be great for father’s day, graduations and vintage themed birthday cards. Feel free to use the techniques I share in today’s video in your next card!
Supplies: (Affiliate links used)
- Dollar tree metallic stickers *I bought mine in-store, looks like they have different designs online.
- Vintage typewriter stamp Cute typewriter with sentiments **The stamps I used are retired from Close to My Heart stamp company
- 5″x7″ gel printing plate or this one *Blick has the Gel Press brand cheaper
- Distressed Backgrounds from Lost Coast Designs: Use coupon code QUARANTINE to get 20% off )
- Bookshelf background (Impression Obsession)
- Ticket, eyechart (stampers anonymous)
- Sizzix/tim holtz dies *my set had labels like this too
- Archival black ink
- Kaliedacolor royal satin pad or any rainbow ink pad
- Jelly Gouache
- White paint or glue
- waterbased blender pen
- Heavy cream cardstock
I hope this inspires you to dig through your stash and play with older supplies! Til next time happy crafting!