Hi friends! Before we get into today’s tutorial I want to remind you that I am teaching a free live class tomorrow at Michaels. It is at 2pm Eastern Time and we will be painting ink and wash carnations on a watercolor greeting card perfect for Mother’s Day or any occasion. Sign up here if you are interested, it is absolutely free and a replay will be available if you can’t make it:) When the weather gets warm all I wanna do is go outside to paint! My daughter Maizy and I jumped in the convertible with our watercolor gear and went to the stream to paint today! It was so fun and I posted photos on Instagram if you want to see. I love all stages of spring, my friend Micki Harper took a photo and shared it on Facebook and gave me permission to paint it. This is how it turned out.
Follow along in the video below!
Supplies: affiliate links used
- M Graham Watercolors *sap green, Cereulean, cad yellow light, cad yellow, gamboge, quin red, mauve: quin violet
- My Signature watercolor brushes
- Meeden 100% cotton watercolor block 7″x10″ *Use coupon code Lindsay15 for 15% off everything at Meeden! *Watercolor paper on Amazon too for more $$ https://amzn.to/440wFuz
- Derwent Graphitint pencil in Dark Indigo
- The reference photo was taken by Micki Harper at Henrey’s Forks Greenway
I hope you try this painting for yourself and I hope it inspires you to get outside and paint! I am off to teach the project I am teaching tomorrow for Michaels to people at my local library. Wish me luck! I hope to see you at the Michael’s class tomorrow if you are able to attend. Happy crafting!