Hi friends! Spring has finally sprung in Maine. We get a lot of false starts up here but when I see the daffodils in bloom I know good weather is on the way!
I hope you enjoy this real-time tutorial and you paint along with me! There are several points in the video where I think you could stop painting and have a lovely picture. As usual, I had to keep adding more and more but please don’t think that you have to. If you like it after one layer then you can stop.
Supplies: affiliate links used
- M Graham Watercolors *sap green, Cereulean, cad yellow light, cad yellow, gamboge, quin red, quin violet (mauve)
- Carbothello pastel pencils 36 set
- Bleedproof white
- My Signature watercolor brushes
- Meeden 100% cotton watercolor block 7″x10″ *Use coupon code Lindsay15 for 15% off everything at Meeden! *Watercolor paper on Amazon too for more $$ https://amzn.to/440wFuz
- Acrylic markers: Ohuhu dual extra fine/bullet, Arrtx brush acrylic pens (the dual-end ones are like gouache and the single end ones are waterproof)
- Reference photo
So, did you like the painting better earlier in the process before I added all of the other stuff to it? I like how it turned out but watching the video back there were parts when I wish I stopped. I like the early on loose and fresh look but it’s also fun to push it and see what you will get. By the way, I had a few people ask me about the colors in my large studio palette and I am planning a video on that later this week on Youtube. I have more videos on my YouTube channel than I have on my blog so have a look if you need some more DIY inspiration! Happy crafting!