Hi friends! I hope you are having a lovely week and enjoying some time with your family. We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday at my sister’s and tonight the kids, hubby, and I will decorate the tree while we watch Elf. It somehow became a tradition. I baked 2 more loaves of sourdough and some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies to snack on, I vacuumed and tidied and then dragged the Christmas decorations down from the attic. We are ready to roll when all the kids show up! You might be wondering why I am giving you a play-by-play of my chores. Well, it is because in addition to that I was certain that I would have time to film a Sat chat today as well and it didn’t happen. Therefore I am going to call this Sat Chat a day early because do you really need a 28-minute video of me talking to the camera 2 days in a row? probably not haha! The kids are home for a short break and I want to make it a bit magical, I didn’t even get grumpy while scrounging around the attic, I call it a win. Maybe it’s because I didn’t try and cram too much in a day as I have in the past. I say this because today we are going to talk about motivation, time management, and priorities, and also being realistic about what you can get done in a day. There is no perfect. We do our best. We need to be kind to ourselves when we can’t do it all or decide that other things, like time with family, take precedence over other tasks. Honestly, I do feel a bit sad that I didn’t have a chance to film a fresh new Sat Chat for you tomorrow but I also think it is a good example that nobody’s perfect and we should never let perfect be the enemy of the good (and it was a good day.)
I did post some Black Friday sales on YouTube this morning as well. There are only a few hours left but I thought I’d post them here too in case you were looking for art/craft supply gifts.
- Amazon has the Singer 4452 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Holiday Bundle (additional feet and extension table) on sale $90 off today: https://amzn.to/3V5Hfvy
- The 4411 Heavy Duty singer https://amzn.to/3U5dLML is a simpler machine and 21% off (it has a 25-year limited warranty too! you can check it out on the sales page)
- Brother Scan n Cut model SDX85S is a good deal: https://amzn.to/3Oz48VD I have an older model I bought (CM350) 5 years ago that is still going strong. It removed the need for many dies and I can stamp an image and it cut it out for me. Easy to use.
- Rosa 24 full pan watercolor set 20% off: https://amzn.to/3OAgYTq *several other sets are 20% off too: https://amzn.to/3i2Ptpq
- Sennelier 120 soft pastel set: https://amzn.to/3VplI0v *and the 40 set is 61% off! https://amzn.to/3VsN2uY
- Sennelier 48 half pan watercolor (I’ve never seen it this cheap!) https://amzn.to/3OCQPUa
- Sennelier oil pastel 36 set in wood box 49% off https://amzn.to/3gAGNGx
- Windsor & Newton watercolor marker set of 12 55% off https://amzn.to/3V9fstY (they are lightfast!)
- Daniel Smith Essentials watercolor set of 6 48% off https://amzn.to/3gDXKA0
- Ohuhu 168 brush markers: https://amzn.to/3F2xecX
- Arrtx 72 colored pencils: https://amzn.to/3EDsol1
- Arteza 120 colored pencils: https://amzn.to/3AOlUhV
- Renesans watercolor 20% off wtih coupon code FRUGAL20 at A Little Creative
- Sketchmarkers Sets are 40% off at the Sketchpad: https://shrsl.com/3ta6t *their alcohol brush markers are amazing and they sell ink refills for them.
- My Favorite Things has 40% off sitewide! https://shrsl.com/3ta76 I love their shaker dies and treat pouches for ornaments and gifts. Check out the chapstick and chocolate nugget pouches!
- Blick has updated some deals: https://shrsl.com/3ta7h Free e-gift cards with purchase using coupon code WKD2022 Get a $10 gift card on orders over $75, $25/+$150, $50/+$300 And the 150 set of Prismacolor premiere pencils is $99 https://shrsl.com/3t2gc Blick also had neocolor 2 sets 40-50% off list: https://shrsl.com/3ta9w
Please note that prices can change without notice. Affiliate links are used. Happy crafting!