Hi friends! It’s a snow day in my part of the world, who wants to stay home and paint? We will paint this vintage light bulb. I painted it originally this summer during World Watercolor Month and I had many requests to do a tutorial on it so here we are!
- I am adding 3 new ornaments to the Hand Painted Holiday Class this week! I am also putting the class on sale for 40% off (it’s already my most affordable class, Regular price $39, sale $23.40) Use the coupon code 40OFFNOV22 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically *Offer ends 12/4/22 (If you have bought this class in the past you will find the new lessons in your account later this week, no need to rebuy!)
- My Alcohol Marker Workshop is on 50% off Launch Month Special now through 11/30/22 *Use coupon code MARKER50 if the discount doesn’t appear automatically **Regular price $79, with coupon $39.50
You can watch the live stream or the replay in the video player below but if you want to ask me questions or chat live with friends please tune in on YouTube at 12noon EST today!
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- Boku Undu Sumie watercolors
- Derwent Graphitint pan paints
- Watercolor paper: The sample was painted in an arches watercolor sketchbook handmade by Artsirosi on Etsy
- Derwent Chromaflow pencils: *There is a good sale on these on Amazon at the time of posting! *BUT* I found a better deal at Blick, use coupon code v22d2 to get the Derwent Chromaflow 72 set for $77.50 and free shipping (sale price is $93 but the discount is given when you add the coupon code! Other things are probably less with that code too, I found it in my sale catalog) You also get a free e-gift card if you spend over $50 with that coupon code!
- white gel pen, paint pen or gouache
- Reference photo
Please feel free to use whatever watercolors and colored pencils you have for today’s project. It is fun to grab some weird ones from time to time to play with tho. See you at noon! Happy crafting!