Hi friends, I had a hankering to use my pastels this week and this is what I drew with them:
You can find a real-time version of this painting up in Critique Club. For $5 a month you get access to 84 long narrated real-time lessons (with 2 more added every month!) monthly creative prompts and the ability to upload 2 artworks a month for feedback from me. If this sounds good I’d love to have you join us in Critique Club! Thank you! On to the Timelapse!
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- Paper: Canson XL Sand Grain Dry Mixed Media Paper
- NuPastels (hard)
- Sennelier Pastels (soft, well priced for professional-grade)
- Budget pick: Mungyo if you are not sure if you like pastels, they are in the middle as far as softness
- I also mentioned Pan-Pastels, they are great if you love pastels and clean hands, I recommend the Painting set of 20 and amazon has a good price
- Reference photo by Gareth Paul on Unsplash
Do you like soft pastels or does the chalky feeling on your hands put you off? I love using them mess and all LOL! Happy crafting!