Hi friends! Today I have a painting done in water-soluble graphite. This is a wonderful medium to bridge the gap between drawing and painting. The pencils I am using also have a tint of color to them so it is also a nice introduction to color if you have mainly been working in graphite.
If you don’t have water-soluble graphite feel free to follow along with watercolor pencils. Watch the video for step-by-step instructions.
Supplies (Affiliate links used)
- Derwent Graphitint pencils set of 12 Blick or Amazon
- Derwent water brushes set of 4 Blick or Amazon
- Derwent Graphite pencil HB-2H
- Watercolor paper Blick or Amazon
- Masking tape
- Paper towel or rags
- Derwent Inktense pan paints 24 set (optional) Blick or Amazon
- Derwent Chromaflow 24 set (optional) Blick or Amazon
- Reference photo
I hope this project inspires you and til next time happy crafting!