Hi friends! It’s October, or if you are me “Inktober!” For the past few years I have attempted Inktober and the past 2 years I did the whole thing and didn’t miss a day. I have to admit I kinda crawled into this month. I was NOT raring to go or full of ideas and energy. I even doubted if I had it in me to undertake a daily art challenge. I decided that I was going to start it, one day at a time, and then I thought, why not make it a bit easier on myself? So I put together a “frictionless” bag of supplies for the days I am tired, lazy or just want to draw away from my art desk. See what I picked in the video below!
Here’s what’s in the bag. Affiliate links used.
- 48 pastel Arrtx Oros markers (pastel because they can be layered, look good even when you work quick and are very forgiving.)
- Arrtx KiraKira and Wakuwaku paper pads
- Set of 5 Winsor & Newton Fineliners
- Jane Davenport Licence to Quill brush pen
- Black Permanent marker and a few cool grey markers
- Colerase pencil in grey
- Derwent Chromaflow colored pencils set of 24
- *I might add a small ruler.
I can grab this bag of supplies and sketch while sitting on my couch watching TV. Sometimes to meet an art challenge you just need to remove the “pain points” like going down to my studio and picking out supplies. Often I am not undertaking my daily inktober drawing until after dinner and all of my regular work is finished. I can be pretty tired by then but I always enjoy drawing and I am so happy when I am done. You can keep up with my inktober drawing on Instagram and you can find out about inktober here incase you would like to draw along! Happy crafting!