Hi, friends! I was inspired by my breakfast the other day and painted this jar of berries from a photo I took.
You can find the real-time version of this lesson along with dozens of others in Critique Club.
Supplies: (Affiliate inks used)
- Art Whale watercolor 24 tube set *I am really impressed with these so far, they come in 15ml tubes and have pigment info. They mix well and are really vibrant. I just saw that the 48 pan set by them are on sale today for $10 off so I snagged a set for review. Here is the link for that set if you want to compare.
- I used this large folding palette from Royal & Langnickle. It has 20 wells but you can add 23 more half pans on the paint well side if you want to and it will still close! Extra half pans, Full pans, Mix
- Watercolor sketchbook made by my friend Rosi using Arches paper. Arches paper
- Col-erase pencils for sketching
- Recommended brushes I mentioned: Top Pick: Creative mark Mimik, Also good: Menta watercolor (Similar to Princeton Neptune) Princeton Neptune, Majestic (taklon brushes for watercolor) *Taklon bristles are firmer and less absorbent but useful for pushing paint on textured surfaces and scrubbing pans. The Zen and Menta all media are also good picks for taklon brushes that are affordable and available in many big box craft and art stores open stock for under $5 a brush.
- Prismacolor Premiere pencils for accents.
I hope you found this useful and til next time happy crafting!