Hi friends! You don’t have to take a fancy vacation to get outside and paint. In fact you can probably find beautiful places near by to make art. Keeping a few useful supplies in a bag ready to go will make you more likly to venture outside and sketch. I decided to go through my travel art bag and see what should stay and what needs to go.
- Sadly the Grumbacher bag I have is no longer made but I did find several similar stool backpacks on Amazon in the $20-$50 price range you might want to check out. The only thing I would change in mine would be to have padded straps (which I can probably make for mine) so if you are considering buying one you might want to look for that.
- Portable Painter Palette: on Blick or Amazon *By far this is the best travel palette I have ever used. You fill it with your favorite tube watercolors. Winsor & Newton half pans will also fit.
- I also like the viviva colorsheets with my small book and a water brush to tuck in my pocket (If my darned clothes have a decent size one!)
- Stilman & Birn Mixed Media Beta Series Sketchbooks: Blick and amazon.
- Cheap Joes Pseudo Sable Travel Brush size 12 *The cheap joes brush also comes in a set of 4 with smaller sizes but I find the point on the 12 is so sharp and fine that I don’t need the smaller ones. *This budget set is good but the #12 in this set is more like an #8
- Pitt pens black multi pack on blick or Amazon
- Uniball signo white gel pen (Broad) Blick or amazon
- Other: Water bottle, rag or paper towel, chunk of wax, piece of cut-up credit card, and sunscreen
Instead of listing everything in my bag I only listed the items I would buy again. Affiliate links used where applicable. That’s all for today, happy crafting!