I love to use up older supplies. It validates the stuff be bought years ago and held on to. If you have some oldies in your stash that you want to give new life to read on!
I start with patterned paper and then pull the embellishments and do any stamping and coloring to match. I like to make envelopes with the pattern paper and then use the scraps to decorate the cards. To make the envelopes simply measure corner to corner, add one inch to that measurement and cut a square that size. Then fold the points around the card. This will work for any square or rectangle card! Watch the video to see it done!
I also have the habit of making embellishments. I think I enjoy making embellishments more than finished cards sometimes so it’s easy to end up with too many. I went through quite a crochet flower phase about 12 years ago and I am still enjoying the bounty LOL!
Here is a list of supplies I used in this video. Many things are discontinued but I used affiliate links if they are still available. Fee free to substitute with what you have. (If you are making Easter cards today you will probably have to LOL!)
- 12″x12″ Fresh Floral Paper Stack 180 sheets
- Full sheet sticker paper (for labels on envelopes and DIY labels)
- L Square (dollar tree or amazon has them)
- Adhesive (double stick tape, glue stick and beacon 3in1 for embellishments)
- Vintage photo distress ink
- Ink blending brushes (10 pack, white bristle, different color handles for inks and under $20, I wish this was available when I bought mine)
- Bunny Stamps (I have a retired set by Crafters Companion but this set has the same vibe or use any spring/bunny set you have)
- Washi tape postage stamps
- Paper tearing rulers
- Deco scissors (This set has the stamp edge as well as pinking, scallops, deckle and wave, it’s a versatile set)
- Post it notes for making
I also have tutorials for my DIY supplies (warning, the crochet flower one is OLD!)
- Crochet Flowers from Embroidery floss or crochet cotton
- Limited Supply Gel prints (how I make the card bases)
- How To make my Gel press Jig from dollar tree L Squares
- Label Stickers tutorial
As you can see I was pretty late to the Easter card making game this year. They have not been sent out yet, I might try to hand some out or just save them for next year and be ahead for once, what do you think?
I hope you have a great weekend and till next time “hoppy” crafting!