Hi friends! Last week I visited several Dollar Tree stores in my area and bought some craft supplies. The problem with dollar store supplies is that you pick them up on impulse and sine you don’t put a lot of planning into buying them you can easily forget about them. that’s why I decided to play with them right away! Firstly because I wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with them (the dies cut and the stamps stamp etc.) and secondly I wanted people to be able to find these supplies if the want them. Please keep in mind that you can use stuff you have in your stash already and try these techniques. The more unique the better I say! Another reason I am excited to share this project is because I want crafting to be accessible to as many people as possible so if you can make something pretty with a $1 stamp set it will make the craft available to more people. Granted I will pull inks and other things from my stash (as I am sure most will) so not everything will be from the dollar store. Use what you have (even the kids watercolors and markers!) and let’s have a crafty good time!
I’ll be be chatting live during the premiere of this video at 12 noon Eastern time today over on YouTube so be sure to watch at that time on the watch page if you want to chat with me and fellow crafters! We’ll have an arty party! don’t worry if you can’t make it, a replay will be available too!
Supplies from dollar tree: *You might be able to order some of these things online from dollar tree (affiliate links used) https://shrsl.com/2syl1 but you might need to order in bulk.
- Dreamcatcher stamps Cloud and star dies Gold cardstock (sold in scrap packs) this is similar.
- Glitter/sequins/Mylar confetti (party supply section) can be found there (I already had some from Arteza tho so I used that)
- Gold feather rub-on transfers *This black feather and dreamcatcher rub on set can be used in place of the stamps and rub-ons from dollar tree, they are not gold though.
- Feather stencil (similar ones on Amazon)
Stuff from my stash:
- Blending brushes: Smaller rainbow set of 10 *this size is available at dollar tree with black handles and brown bristles, I’d get the rainbow ones so you can tell colors apart. The size I have, set of 5
- Watercolor paper or bristol *Bristol is better and cheaper than the Arteza paper I used the backside of:
- Nested dies or scissors/paper trimmer
- Banner die (or cut a strip of paper and notch the ends)
- Shimmering ink mermaid markers
- Metallic watercolors (and a toothbrush for spattering, an old shoebox too!)
- Dream catcher die (similar)
- Clear embossing powder
- Blending inks
- Pigment ink (best with dollar tree stamps)
In the video I mentioned the DIY cloud stencil tutorial from Local King Rubber Stamps, it is such an ingenous idea! Lisa is so fun too, you will enjoy her videos. Happy crafting!