Hi friends! Today I have some tips to make your handwriting pretty enough for the front of the card!
Best of all you don’t need to have a huge collection of sentiment stamps to make a thoughtful card. Watch the video to see how!
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry. Use coupon code: LINDSAY and receive 15% off your retail order of $10 or more of peg stamps, peg stamp sets, and unmounted stamps! Coupon expires a week from this video publication. Continue to receive great deals by becoming a PegStamp VIP here. As a PegStamp VIP you’ll get a weekly deal via email plus links to fabulous tutorials by me, Lindsay the Frugal Crafter and other designers.
- October Mums Peg Stamp set
- Brambly Rose Peg Stamp Set
- Brush/fine tipped markers in red (Arteza) and gold (Arrtx)
- White and black cardstock
- Gold embossing tinsel
- Red Glitter
- Dye inks (memento)
- Gold pigment ink or embossing ink
- ⅛” scor-tape
- 1” wide low tack masking tape (I used post-it tape)
- Quickie glue pen
- Working directly on your card (or a separate panel as we did for the embossed card) lay a stip of masking tape wher you want your sentiment to be.
- Stamp your images overlapping the tape.
- While the tape is still on lay a strip of ⅛” score tape right next to each edge of the masking tape but don’t peel off the backing.
- At this point on the dark cardstock you want to remove the masking tape and score tape backing and sprinkle on gold embossing tinsel and heat set.
- Remove the masking tape and print, or write your sentiment as neat as you can using big letters with a fine tip pen. Then use a brush tip pen to go over the letterns pressing on the down strokes. Use a bright dye based marker on white cardstock and a metallic on dark cardstock.
- On the white card add accents wto the lettering with a Quickie glue pen. Remove the backing on the score tape and sprinkle with red glitter.
- If you worked on a separate panel mount it to a card base.
You can change up the stamps, inks and glitter colors to suit your style! Give it a try and til next time happy crafting!