Hi friends! When I saw brads of cats doing yoga in the Eyelet Outlet booth at a stamp show a couple of years ago I had to get them. I just knew they would be purrfect on a project one day. Today, my friend, is that day.
I also loved this cat stamp the minute I saw it at the Technique Junkies booth. For this card we will stamp and color right on the cardbase and I’ll show you how you can add a clever background to your one layer card with washi tape which is great if you enjoy collecting the little rolls of sunshine as much as I do! Washi tape has pretty much replaced ribbons on my card and I think it is a good substitute for pattern paper too!
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- Non-bleed through cardstock for blending alcohol markers (Gina K Pure Luxury is the only one I know of)
- Arteza Everblend Alcohol markers *Use promo10 for 10% of here: *I used the grey and skintone sets
- Black ink suitable for alcohol pens
- Washi tape
- Stamp (technique junkies) *10% off with coupon LINDSAY10TJ
- Heart dies or punches
- Cat brad (Eyelet outlet)
- xacto knife
- Compas or something round to trace
I hope you try this washi tape trick on a card soon! Til next time happy crafting!