Hi friends! This project will have you using up that stash of washi tape in no time! As a bonus this card won’t get crushed in the mail.
Watch the video for the full tutorial:
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry. Use coupon code: LINDSAY and receive 15% off your retail order of $10 or more of peg stamps, peg stamp sets, and unmounted stamps! Coupon expires a week from this video publication. Continue to receive great deals by becoming a PegStamp VIP here. As a PegStamp VIP you’ll get a weekly deal via email plus links to fabulous tutorials by me, Lindsay the Frugal Crafter and other designers.
- Fairy Garden Peg Stamp Set
- Grass peg stamp
- Whispers from the Garden unmounted set
- Dye inks
- White cardstock
- Craft foam (I used pale blue)
- Heard die or shape cutter
- Garden themed washi tape
- Gnome brad
- Make an A2 card from white and cut a 3 ¼ x4 ½ from the scrap. Cut a heart window from the rectangle and use that to determine the placement on the foam layer.
- From craft foam cut a 3 ¾ x 5” rectangle, then cut out the heart window so it will line up with the smaller white layer.
- Stamp the gnome, mushrooms, leaf and grass to make a border at the bottom of the white rectangle. Stamp the snail at the top of the heart. Add a gnome brad if desired.
- Place the layers on the cardbase and mark the opening of the window. Place washi tape down to cover the window area.
- Use double sided tape to assemble the layers. Tip, apply the tape to the paper layer and not the foam as it will adhere better and not gum up the tape runner.
- Stamp sentiment on white and adhere using wet glue on the corners over the bottom of the heart window.
I love using washi tape as a background and I;ll be sharing another washi tape background trick next week so be sure to check back. Happy crafting!