Howdy friends! Today I turn 43 so instead of dwelling on the creep towards my middle 40s (I say I’m still in my early 40’s, hubby say’s I’m in my mid-40s) I decided to celebrate by giving everyone 43% off the regular price of any of my classes in my Teachable School. Just use the coupon code HB43 at checkout. This coupon will work on payment plans as well so if you have been waiting for a sale now is the chance. The sale/coupon code is good through Sunday 7/14/19.
Today we are going to do something different, we are going to paint watercolor on black paper! What? Yes that’s right! I had some requests to paint a hummingbird after my failed attempt a couple of weeks ago so I decided to paint that bird again on black watercolor paper. I didn’t have high hopes for the paper. After all I like my watercolors transparent and that wouldn’t show up on black but then I realized that my metallic watercolors would look great on black and it would be nice to have a paper designed for that. I was able to request a free sample of the Stonehenge Aqua Black on their website (sadly that offer doesn’t seem to be available anymore) and that is what I will use in today’s demo.
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- Black watercolor paper: Stonehenge Aqua Black *I looked for the free sample offer but it doesn’t seem to be available any more:(
- Paul Rubens Metallic watercolors
- #2 & #6 round synthetic brushes
- White chalk pencil
- Reference photo
Save 43% on Any Class!
If you click any of the photos above it will take you to the class with the discount applied. If for some reason you don’t see the sale price use coupon code HB43 at checkout. I only run this sale one a year so if you have been thinking about taking a class now is a great time. Here are some reasons why!
- You have lifetime access! You can enroll now with the savings and enjoy the classes when you have the time.
- Go at your own pace! My online classes are broken down into smaller lessons so you can work to your goal as you have the time. There is also a pause button and you can repeat a lesson as much as you like until you prefect the technique!
- You can ask me questions as you go and upload your artwork for direct feedback from me.
- The cost is much less than an in person class (these classes would cost $180 to take from me in person in a group class) and you can take it on your schedule.
Remember the coupon code HB43 is only good through Sunday July 14th, 2019 in my Teachable School so now is the time to snag that class you had your eye on! Thanks for stopping by and painting with me today! Are you going to try painting on black paper? It’s a lot of fun and I hope you do! Til next time happy crafting!