Hi friends! This week I had the chance to try out the new Tri-Blend markers from Crafter’s Companion. They are the newest markers in the Spectrum Noir family.
They feature Hexagon non-roll barrels and bullet tips. Each marker contains 3 smaller markers so you have a light, medium and dark version of the color to make blending simple and easy. You can see my review in the video below.
You can find the markers at Simon Says Stamp for $5 each and they ship worldwide. *Affiliate link
- Easy to use
- refill inks available
- Comfortable to hold
- Blends well
- Takes little space to store
- Great for travel
- Caps hold tight but are easy to remove
- Nonroll barrel
- Fine bullet nibs perfect for stampers or coloring book enthusiasts.
- The markers have a small inkpad inside them so they will run out of ink much quicker than other markers, especially the light tones which you will use a lot. (note, refill inks available at about $5-$7 but it would refill these minis dozens of times, also the refill ink is not sold many places so you might have to hunt for it.)
- Upon further invstigation, not all colors are a perfect match for the Spectrum Noir inks but they are in the middle of a rebranding so hopefully, they are addressing that. This is only an issue if you are reinking them.
- With only the bullet nibs it will limit the size of the artwork you can make.
Bottom line, I really enjoyed using these, they were probably the easiest markers for creating blends in small stamped images. I recommend them for rubber stampers who are new to alcohol markers or who love markers and want a travel set. Two thumbs up from me! I hope you found this helpful and til next time happy crafting!