Hi friends! Last year after I got back from the Heirloom stamp show I completely unpacked my travel art bag. So many things had been accumulated over the years and some stuff I never used. I always stick duplicates in that bag or things I wanted to use up but it was time for a thorough clean out and that’s what I did.
That bag set empty on my shelf until yesterday when I went to pack up stuff to bring this year. I told my friends that I would bring coloring tools to share with everyone so that’s why my marker selection is a bit excessive but I hope this helps you decide what you might want to bring on a craft retreat. Also, I totally forgot to open the flat skinny pocket on the front where I keep my portable paper trimmer and I added a roll of double-sided tape after I stopped filming. If you noticed I forgot an important item be sure to let me know in the comments. Thanks!
Stuff in my Bag (Affiliate links used)
- Similar bag to what I have
- Chameleon pencils
- Color Dusters
- White Gouache
- Gink K ink cubes
- Watercolor wheel
- Watercolor crayons
- Pitt pen fineliners
- License to Quill waterproof brush pen
- White gel pen
- Craft knife
- Stamped images (memento on Neenah paper for alcohol markers, Archival on Bristol for water media)
- Bag of watercolor paper cut to bookmark and postcards
- Bristol Pad (for watercolor markers)
- Neenah cardstock (for alcohol markers)
- Heavyweight card for card bases
- Ohuhu Alcohol markers (100 set)
- Watercolor Brush markers
- Pencil sharpener
- Double sided tape
- Paper Trimmer (oops! I think I forgot to show that, it is is the thin front pocket!)
- Arteza real brush pens
- I also decided to add some chalks that have little pon-pom applicators because I can do backgrounds with my versamark pad which will be handy as I am not going to bring any patterned paper.
OK, what did I forget? Let me know in the comments below! If you are going to the Heirloom Stamp Show this weekend please say “Hi” if you see me! The BEST thing about crafting conventions is the wonderful people you meet! I am so looking forward to this trip. Now I have to pack my non-crafty stuff LOL! I have my priorities. 🙂 Happy crafting!