Howdy friends! Today’s project combines a lot of crafty goodness! I had so much fun making these cards and I hope they inspire you to create!
I worked an assembly line on these cards. I did a gel printing session, a coloring session, and an assembly session.
It can be daunting to think of making multiple cards in one sitting. It can also be overwhelming to gel print backgrounds for only one card. By breaking up the tasks I get to extend my enjoyment of my craft without getting stressed out and have a batch of cards to show for my effort!
You can see the complete process in the video!
Supplies (affiliate links used)
- Mermaid and fish scale themed stamps and stencils *This link is to Simon Says StampSimon Says Stamp, they have an excellent selection and they have 15% off your entire order with coupon code CRFT898 this weekend!
- Jane Davenport Gel Plate and Fish Scale Plate kitJane Davenport Gel Plate and Fish Scale Plate kit with stickers
- Also 3″x5″ gel plate
- Alcohol Markers (Ohuhu)
- Quickie Glue Pen *great for foil, glitter or embossing powder
- Clear ultra fine glitter
- Ink pads and sponges for stamped backgrounds.
- Cardstock, novelty yarn, acrylic paint, rhinestones and adhesive
Here is a look at all of the images colored. I thought about just trimming them to ATC size at one point but I decided that I’d be more likely to use the greeting cards.
I hope you have a lovely weekend! I’m off to watch my son play in his last tennis matches of the season and miraculously it’s warm and sunny! Yahoo! Til next time happy crafting!