Hi friends, here is a bright and cheerful painting you can paint!
Clearly I am ready for spring and I love watching these sweet birds on the thistle feeder out my back window. To tide us (in the North) over until warm weather returns you can paint this sweet painting. Watch the video to see how!
Supplies (Affiliate links used)
- Paul Rubens Watercolors: Cad yellow, Lemon yellow, Cad red light, Rose, Mauve, Prussian Blue, Sap Green
- Paul Rubens hot press watercolor block There are also Paul Rubens blocks that are cold pressed if you like more texture:) *I have tried these too and they are good.
- A variety of round and flat brushes
- *If desired you can add details with colored pencils. Prismacolor is my favorite
- Reference photo (cropped)
If you liked this tutorial and want more in-depth instructions for painting birds you may enjoy my class Technique Toolbox: Feather’s and Foul. That class explores painting birds and feathers in detail should you want more:) Thanks for painting with me today and til next time happy crafting!