Hi friends! Last night I posted a 5 for under $25 gift guide for artists and the response was great! People wanted more ideas for different budgets though so below the video I will give you more great gift ideas that can be ordered and arrive in time for Christmas! But first here is my 5 for under $25 gift ideas for artists!
Here are some more ideas no matter what your budget is! Affiliate links are used (if available) in this gift guide. Prices were checked and reported on 12/12/18, I have no control over the linked websites pricing but as of my writing these items are in the stated budgets.
Under $10 gifts:
- Waffle Flower watercolor swatch card stamp $4: Any artist or crafter would love this to swatch out their paints, markers or colored pencils. Add a waterproof Archival ink pad for $4.27 and to keep it under $10 this clear acrylic $1 picture frame will work in place of a clear acrylic block for stamping.
- Small Koi Waterbrush $5.40, the brushes are lovely and the come in various sizes and lengths.
- Set of 4 Pitt Artist’s Pens for $8.13: These waterproof black pens are ideal for sketching (you can watercolor over the dry ink), art journaling or scrapbooking. Even if someone has these they will want more:)
- Any of the Keep & Carry Art Sets from Royal & Langnickel $4.21 Each keep and carry art kit comes in a sturdy nylon zipper bag and a starter amount of supplies. I have personally tried all of them and can recommend the Pastel (both oil and soft) watercolor and sketching very highly for beginners. The acrylic set is OK for kids but you might want to buy and extra tube of white. I am not a big fan of the colored pencil kit due to the limited color range but for under $5 they are good and the case can be reused to store other supplies when they are used up.
Under $25 gifts: (from the video)
- 42 color Watercolor Wheel
- Refillable Watercolor Brush Pens
- Viviva Colorsheets: and use the code FRUGALCRAFTER10 for 10% off
- Fountain Pen, India Ink (packaging has changed, but this is the same ink.) Sketchbook (This one might be much cheaper at your local art supply store.)
- Pretty Excellent set of 36 Watercolors
Under $50 Gifts:
- Waffle Flower Swatch Stamping kit $46: This kit contains the large swatch chart that I use in my watercolor reviews as well as the single swatch, an inkpad and stamp mount so this is good for artists who do not already have stamp supplies. If you just want the stamps or dies you can see them all here.
- The Portable Painter Palette $27.80: This is my favorite travel palette because it comes with 2 waterbuckets that clip to the ends of the small travel palette. The waterbuckets slide over the palette for compact storage and it even comes with 2 travel brushes! You will need to add your own paint and you can get this intro set of 6 QoR watercolors for $21 to round off the gift under budget.
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils set of 72 $48.72: No matter how many luxury pencils I try these continue to be a soft and blendable favorite!
- Arteza Watercolor pencils set of 72 $35.99 (use coupon code FRUGAL10 for 10% off at Arteza) and pair it with a Canson Montville hardbound sketchbook for $8 and you are well under budget with a great gift!
- Ohuhu Alcohol Markers Set of 80 $44.99 *there are smaller sets available if you are on a smaller budget as well as a 100 set if you have an extra $10 to spend. I recommend at least and 80 set because you need more shades for blending with alcohol markers (especially if they don’t have a brush tip) than other mediums and also since this is a gift you want to make sure they have all they need to get started. Speaking of having everything including the Winsor & Newton Marker pad for $5.99 would be awesome and only bring you $1 over budget.
- Studio 71 Brush Tip Alcohol Markers set of 48 for $46.97
Under $100 gifts:
- Royal & Langnickel All Media Art Set in Wooden Table Easel $54.99 I bought this for one of my daughters a few years ago and she loved it. You get oil, watercolor and acrylic supplies as well as pastels and other goodies in a beautiful wooden easel with drawers for storage. You can spend the rest of your budget on more paper and canvasses! *This set actually retails for over $100 but I found a good deal!
- Set of 24 Renesans Watercolor $58 These are gorgeous polish watercolor that come in a slim palette. You can add a set Mimik Faux squirrel brushes for $30, and a block of Fluid 100 cotton watercolor paper for $8.13 for an awesome gift that is under budget!
- Schminke Set of 30 Soft Pastels $99.74: These are the softest pastels I have ever used in a stick, they are buttery and lay over all other mediums. They are pure luxury for any artist!
- Gel Printing kit! 12″x14″ Gel Press $49.49, soft rubber brayer $12.37, Acrylic paint $14.39 and you can add stencils or foam stamps to make a super fun gift all within budget. This gift idea can be done for under $20 by selecting a smaller gel printing plate and picking up a few bottles of craft store acrylics too!
Money is no object:
- Scan ‘n Cut CM350 $227: This is great for any rubber stamper because you can stamp an image and put it in this machine and it will cut it out eliminating the need for expensive dies. This machine retails for $300 and this is the lowest price I have seen. I paid $250 for mine a couple of years ago and it was well worth it!
- Pan Pastel Full set of 80 pans with sponges and tools $309.26: These gorgeous and amazing pastels would delight any pastel or mixed media artist and even stampers have been really into them lately!
- Blick Studio Brush Markers set of 96 $199: These markers are as good as copic in quality and now have refills available. I purchased these markers when they came out and they have the same foam nib just like a Copic. (In contrast the Studio 71 brush marker in the under $50 section have a felt nib and eventually will wear down.) These blend well with my Copics so if you wanted to expand your colors down the road you can always add copics with no trouble. Best of all you get 96 blick studio for the same price as 36 of copics.
I hope you enjoyed this expanded gift guide for a variety of budgets. I did some shopping around for you to find the best deals at stores that can ship by Christmas. Affiliate links were used if I had them so I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you and I thank you for your support! Happy crafting!