Hi friends! This card design packs a punch and it will get you using some stencils you may have in your stash! Remember back in the day when the only way we could emboss paper was with a brass stencil, stylus and a light box? Well, I am betting some of you still have those stencils sitting around.
This technique is fun and pretty easy but I will warn you that we are using glitter so don’t blame me if you are a little more sparkly that usual afterward LOL! Watch the video to see how it’s done!
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry Use coupon code: LINDSAY and receive 15% off your retail order of $10 or more of peg stamps, peg stamp sets, and unmounted stamps! Coupon expires a week from this video publication. Continue to receive great deals by becoming a PegStamp VIP here. As a PegStamp VIP
you’ll get a weekly deal via email plus links to fabulous tutorials by me, Lindsay the Frugal Crafter and other designers.
- Peg Stamps: Coral & Triton Shell Border, Sand Dollar and Starfish, Shell Border, Starfish and Shells, Crab These little nautical stamps are great for making jewelry, I have a tutorial on that here!
- Glitter (make sure to use high contrast colors for best results)
- Shell stencil: Dreamweaver
- Coconut oil or a bar of soap to coat the back of the stencil with
- Nautical wood shapes
- Adhesive sheets
- Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch
- ATG Tape Gun
- Distress Oxide Inks (colors: Abandoned coral, salty ocean, frayed burlap, walnut stain, crushed olive, seedless preserves)
- Coat back of metal stencil with bar soap or coconut oil. Apply adhesive sheet to cardstock and remove backing and stick stencil to adhesive.
- Sprinkle on color one, place backing sheet over glitter with stencil still in place and press it down. Dump excess back in glitter jar.
- Remove stencil and add the contrasting color. Pour off excess and press with backing paper again.
- Burnish firmly with backing paper to lock the glitter in place, trim the panel and add it to your card.
I hope you give this technique a try on your next card! Happy crafting!