Hi friends! This card was a lot of fun to create and making it reminded me of the multitude of quick and easy cards I used to make! Handmade cards are so fun to make and receive but it seems that the hobby is declining in popularity.
I started to wonder…is card making less popular nowadays? I know attendance at stamp shows have been going down as well as the shows getting smaller but I figured it was more because of people shopping on-line but as I was looking through my Blog and YouTube statistics I noticed that my cardmaking videos were much less popular than my painting videos. so I started searching for card making videos and noticed that card making videos seemed to get less views than other crafts. It got me wondering if cardmaking was going out of style or if YouTube just wasn’t notifying subscribers of new card and stamping videos. What do you think? I often get messages from subscribers saying that haven’t seen any of my videos in a while and asked if I was still making them (Yes! 4x a week at least!) so it makes me think that YouTube isn’t notifying subscribers. So, if you love cardmaking and you think you might have missed some videos please visit my video page and watch any that you are interested in and we can show YouTube that cardmaking is still alive and well. Thanks guys:) Now without further ado here is today’s fun and fabulous card!
Supplies (affiliate links where available)
- Dreamcatcher Skull stamp from Lost Coast Designs Discount code for 15% off: the frugal crafter *note, their website was down this afternoon but you can reach out to them on Facebook🙂 Sorry about this issue, I am sure it will be fixed soon!
Their sister site Carmen’s Veranda is up and running though and the discount code is good there too, if you let them know you want the dreamcatcher skull added to your order I’m sure they would oblige.
- Sentiment: Hampton Art Layering Clear Stamps – Words SCO752
- Big curved stamp mount (Mega mount)
- Waterproof ink (Versafine Clair in Pinecone)
- Watercolors $19 Meeden Fan set
- Brushes: Jane Davenport
- Watercolor paper Fabriano Studio hot press
- White cardstock
Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!