Hi friends! Today we are going to make these fun cards!
The coloring is the same process for both but I show the “Beside the Seaside” one in the video because the larger design shows up better. I hope it give you some ideas for using your stash of colors!
This tutorial is sponsored by Top Flight Stamps! SAVE 10% off your next order with coupon code: thefrugalcrafter10 *USA orders of $50+ ship free!
Supplies: (Affiliate links used)
- Seaside Squares Stamp (Darkroom Door)
- Beside the Seaside stamp (Crafty Individuals)
- Mermaid markers (original set)
- Mermaid Markers Celestial Sky and Shimmering Sky
- Brusho Crystal Colors OR Color Burst (I like the applicator tips better in these vs Brusho)
- Watercolor Crayons (Caran Dache)
- Posca extra fine tip acrylic paint pens
- Versafine Clair (Acorn)
- Bakers twine
- K & Co Nautical papers
- On the Boardwalk Papers from Graphic 45 (retired)
- Wooden embellishments
- Hot press watercolor paper
- Kraft cardstock
1. Stamp images with Versafine Clair Acorn ink and let dry or heat set.
2. Color with Brusho. Try wetting the paper and sprinkling in the powder and using it like a watercolor.
3. Add mermaid marker for sparkle and watercolor crayon for depth.
4. Add detail with a fine tip paint pen.
5. Select paper and create your card!
Finished card sizes: 5.5″x8.5″ and 5″x7″. I hope you enjoyed this longer card making video and til next time happy crafting!