Hi friends! Are you starting to feel the panic yet? Actually I have been rather calm this Christmas but the other day I realized that I have not sent my Christmas cards out yet and not only that I didn’t have enough. Now, most sane folks would just run to the store but I’m crafty (and to be honest the whole reason I got into stamping was to save money on Christmas cards, look how that turned out! 😛 ) so I decided to come up with some simple designs that would be unique, cheerful and take less time to make then driving to town and back.
Watch the video to see how! I’ll warn you, it kinda falls apart at the end! 😀
Most of the stuff I used except for the cute wooden trees I got at A.C. Moore were older things from my stash and you don’t have to have the same stuff I used to create something just as cute. So instead of a specific supply list I will put alternatives you can use from your stash!
- White cardstock (or if you have some premade card bases or colorful cardstock you want to use up go for it and adjust the colors of paint accordingly.)
- Colorful media such as acrylic paint, watercolor crayons, pastels, markers, watercolors or you can swipe ink pads on your cardstock!
- Stamping inks
- Paint brushes, Q-Tips or makeup wedges
- Focal item: Wood shapes, die cuts, flat holiday ornaments, stickers, Stamped images you have cut out, Cute images cut from patterned paper or old Christmas cards
- Sentiment stamps or you can hand write a greeting, print it from your computer and paste it on, use a label, tag, embellishment or sticker
- Embossing ink and embossing powder or tinsel OR you could try a glue pen and foil or glitter.
Take the above crafty ingredients and mix and match as you like. I think t would be fun to put all of those supplies on a “Wheel of Fortune” like spinner and give it a spin to choose a supply to make a card! “I’ll take glitter and watercolor crayons Vanna!” I think Vanna White would approve as she is a crafty knitter:) OK I am getting a bit silly now, I have many presents to wrap and a few crafty gifts to finish up so I’m going to get back to work but I am glad to spend a few minutes visiting with you:) Thanks for dropping by and til next time happy crafting!