Hi friends! Today I have a fun favor box that you can set out on your guest’s plate this Holiday! I did it in Christmas colors but you can whip these up in fall colors for Thanksgiving too!
I was going to snap a photo of my hand-drawn template but it was pretty messy so I made a free downloadable SVG file so you can die cut it in your electronic die cutter. Alternately you can print the picture below any size you like but it is designed to fit a 8.5″x11″ sheet of cardstock. I included the mats on the templates too.
Of course you can just watch the video below and follow along with your scoring board and scissors and do it that way too. I love to give you options!
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry! Use coupon code: FRUGALNOVEMBER17 – 20% off ALL STAMPS! Coupon expires November 30, 2017. Become a Peg Stamp VIP here: http://eepurl.com/cOP9DH & get the deepest weekly discounts available
Supplies (From Rubber Stamp Tapestry)
- Ornamental Holly Peg Stamp Set, Gingerbread Wreath Peg Stamp Set, Winter Pine Border Peg Stamp Set
- Memento inkpads (colors: Lilac Posies, Elderberry, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Rhubarb Stalk, Ladybug)
- Ink blending Brush
- Other Supplies: Scoring board (Scor-Pal), Scor Tape (or strong adhesive), Heavy white cardstock or poster board, Corner rounder (corner chomper-WeRM)
- Start with a piece of cardstock cut to 8″x7″. On the 8″ side score the cardstock at 2″ and 6″, this will give you a 2″, 4″ and 2″ section. Then on the 7″ side score at 2″ and 4″ to give you a 2″, 2″ and 3″ section. Cut out the corners leaving tabs attached to the two side pieces for assembly.
- From the scraps of cardstock cut two 1.5″ squares, a 1.5″x3.5″ rectangle and a 2.5″x3.5″ rectangle. Round all of these corners with a 1/4 corner rounder. Round the top back of the box with a 1/2″ corner rounder. I used a Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers
- Ink the box with a blending brush and red ink. Stamp holly and berries on the rounded panels and ink edges in green. Adhere side panels to the box and then assemble the box with strong double-sided tape. Lastly adhere the back panel.
I hope you found this tutorial useful and you enjoy the free template and SVG file. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!