Hello friends! I hope you are having a good weekend! The sun is shining here in Maine and I have a list of home projects that I want to tackle but I think I will sneak down to my studio to get a bit of crafting in before the house wakes up:) There is no “perfect” time to create. You need to grab that time when you can get it so I hope you carve out a bit of creative play time today and if you need some inspiration try this tutorial and get a batch of Christmas cards done while you are at it!
You can use this design for any occasion though so make the kind of cards you want! What I like about this project is that it only uses 3 ink pads so if you have been on the fence about trying Distress oxide you can pick these three colors and see what you think. If you love them you can get more and if they are not your favorite you can use them up and move on. BTW this will also look very pretty with original distress ink too or you can use any dye ink and I have a tutorial here on how to make it look like distress oxide.
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry. Use coupon code: FRUGALNOVEMBER17 – 20% off ALL STAMPS! Coupon expires November 30, 2017. Become a Peg Stamp VIP here, & get the deepest weekly discounts available
Supplies from Rubber Stamp Tapestry:
- Diamond Sky peg stamp set, Winter Night Sky
- Distress Oxide inks (Lucky Clover, Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber) *Reinkers available too!
- Wet glue (if using sequins)
- Blending sponges
- Fine mist bottle
- 2″ masking tape (or large sticky notes)
- Metallic watercolors
- Christmas sentiment stamp
- Light grey marker (I used a zig real brush pen (from 24 set) but you can use any light gray marker or watercolor and a fine brush)
- Star shaped sequins
- Heavyweight white cardstock
Follow along with the video to make these fun cards! Try this technique in other projects too. It’s fun and the more time you spend working with ink the better you get at it! Happy crafting!