Hi friends! Today I have a card technique that looks complicated but is really easy! Your friends will think you spent hours or used fancy tools to make the lattice braid on the edge (I won’t tell if you don’t!)
Watch this video to learn how to make the card PLUS I’ll share tips and tricks for combining stamping and marker coloring:)
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry use coupon code: FRUGALSEPTEMBER17 – 10% off everything in the store. Coupon expires September 30, 2017. Become a Peg Stamp VIP & get an instant coupon for 20% off RST stamps here plus the deepest weekly discounts available! Offer expires September 30, 2017.
Supplies from Rubber Stamp Tapestry:
- Celery Rose Peg Stamp SetCelery Rose Peg Stamp Set, Delicate Rose Peg Stamp Set, Brambly Rose Peg Stamp Set, Bittersweet Peg Stamp Set
- Country Lane Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set
- Memento Dye inks (Teal Zeal, Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Angel Pink, Love Letter, Summer Sky and Tuxedo Black) *Note, I used a memento pen instead of the black pad but either will work.
- Foam Tape
- Ink blending brush
- Double sided adhesive
- White cardstock: Recollections (heavy card base weight), Neenah Classic Crest (for stamping/coloring)
- Markers (Studio 71, from the 48 set) N2,N5, C7, C9, BG3, BG13, BG14, YG7 and clear blender
- Scor-Pal scoring board
- 45 Triangle
- Pastel Pencils
- Seam binding (I dye it with ink to match my projects)
Directions for lattice fold (you can do this on any size card, you just need and even number of flaps to fold over)
1. Score and fold card in half.
2. Mark a guide line 1″ parallel to the fold on the card.
3. Make marks every 1/4″ along the fold with a pencil.
4. Use a 45 triangle to draw a line from the mark on the fold to the guide line you drew.
5. Cut along the slits to the line you drew. Cut away the triangle at the top and bottom.
6. Open the card and fold the next to the bottom flap down. Repeat with ever other flap. As long as you have an even number of flaps it should work out but if you cut an odd number you can trim off the top:)
7. Fold the card back and decorate as desired!
The lattice step will take less than 10 minutes. The total card will take around 30 minutes to stamp, color and assemble. Try the lattice fold technique on any card you want to add a decorative touch to. Thanks for stopping by and til next time happy crafting!