Hi friends! Today I am going to share a fun techniques that gives you the look of distress oxide using the inks you probably already have, in fact it will work with any distress inks. I will also show you how the effect differ depending on the ink pads you use. After you try these fun techniques you will have lots of cool backgrounds so I will show you have to turn them into note cards as well. Boy, we have a lot to do today, don’t we?
Mmmmm inky goodness…..
Grab your die inkpads and let’s get to work! (or play!)
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry Use coupon code: FREESHIP75 to get free USA shipping on your order of $75 plus of ANY products at Rubber Stamp Tapestry. Coupon expires July 3, 2017
- Any Dye ink pads (I am using Memento)
- White pigment ink
- *Here are the new Distress Oxides if you just want to use them instead of the above 2 supplies
- Sentiment Stamps
- Seahorse Stamp
- Leaf Stamp
- Heavyweight White Cardstock (Recollections #110)
- White sulphite drawing paper (I used Blick drawing paper)
- Various Dies *look for bold shapes
- Fine tip glue
- Non stick craft mat
- bucket of water and paintbrush
- White gel pen
- Other: Scoring board (optional)
Faux distress oxide technique:
1. Wipe dye inks onto craft mat and spritz with water.
2. Drag white sulphite paper through ink and dry.
3. Smoosh white pigment ink pad on craft mat and spritz with water.
4. Use a paintbrush to flick white ink on the inky paper and sop up the remaining white ink with the same paper.
To make the cards:
5. Cut cardstock to desired card size and score/fold in half.
6. Glue die cuts to paper.
7. Stamp sentiments and accents.
8. You can emboss the paper after if you like!
This project was super fun and I ended up with a bunch of cards, I hope you try it today! Happy mother’s day to all of the moms out there and til next time happy crafting!