Edit! The live stream was so fun today! Here is the final painting. The replay is available below!
Hi friends! This week I am in a castle collaboration with talented painters Angela Anderson and Cinnamon Cooney-The Art Sherpa! We are all painting castles! Here is a color study for the one I will be painting:
The colors I am using are: Quin Red, Cobalt Blue, Cad. Yellow Lt., Burnt Sienna, Sap Green, Yellow Ocher but you can pick whatever you have that is closest. If you are new to watercolor you can thin down acrylic paints to a watery consistency and work on paper. You do not have to worry about under-binding on paper;) Here is the reference photo for the castle but please refer to the printable pattern because I am adding more landscape area to this.
You can watch the live stream or replay in the player below but if you want to chat with fellow painters live or ask me questions during the show be sure to watch on the YouTube watch page.
Today’s Live Stream Castle Collaboration Schedule:
- 10am ET Angela Anderson with a lovely Fairytale Castle in acrylics
- 12:30pm ET Me, the Frugalcrafter with a lovely watercolor castle
- 2pm ET The Art Sherpa paints Hogwarts Castle in Acrylics
All the supplies for this tutorial can be found from sponsor Jerry’s Artarama:
- 140# watercolor paper Arches CP 11″x15
- Watercolor: M Graham Colors: Quin Red, Cobalt Blue, Cad. Yellow Lt., Burnt Sienna, Sap Green, Yellow Ochre
- Brushes: Mimik Faux Squirrel
I hope to see you today at 12:30pm ET on YouTube! Maybe I’ll see you in the chat on Angela’s or Cinnamon’s live stream too! Til then Happy Crafting!