Hi friends! Are you looking for a way to use up your scraps and create a pretty background? Try this!
You can see how I made these cards start to finish in today’s video!
This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry! Use coupon code: LINDSAY17 – 20% off peg stamps and peg stamp sets of orders of $10 or more. New stamps are being released soon, sign up for the Rubber Stamp Tapestry newsletter for bonus free projects and fun news!
- Peg Stamp Sets: Sunny Daisy, Wisteria frame, Summers End
- Dye Ink (Memento)
- Gelly Roll Glaze Pens (for sentiment)
- Pattern paper scraps (I chose pastel yellow, pink and greens)
- Cardstock scraps in similar colors as pattern paper
- 5″x7″ Kraft card base ad envelope
- Black/white.cream Washi tapes
- Burlap ribbon
- Die Cut Felt (Quees & Co.)
- Adhesive: ATG tape and Zip Dry liquid glue
- Silk flower
- Hexagon Punch (Fiskars) 1 1/2″
- White sketching paper or thin cardstock for making background
- Embossing folder
1. Punch a bunch of hexagons from several pattern paper scraps.
2. Stamp small images on colored cardstock with a darker shade of in of the same color and punch out.
3. Arrange the paper pieces on white paper and glue down.
4. Trim paper to fit card based (4 1/2″ x6 1/2″) and emboss with an embossing folder if desired and adhere to card.
5. Embellish with ribbons, twine, buttons and flowers.
6. Write your sentiment slowly with a glaze gel pen, let dry, trim and adhere to project.
This is a great project to use up scraps, I hope you give it a try and til next time happy crafting!