Hi friends!Today we are going to play with inks and make some fun cards!
Don’t be shy, try these fun and inky techniques! Jut make sure to put a craft mat, piece of freezer paper or old plastic place-mat on your table to work on. It is a lot of fun! Watch the video to see how!
There are many supplies you can use to create similar works of art so don’t be shy, experiment with what you have! I am using supplies from Gina K Designs where they have free shipping on USA orders over $50 and reasonable international rates.
- White cardstock (or any heavy white paper like Bristol or hot press watercolor paper.)
- Dye based ink (I like the cube ink sets)
- White Pigment ink (or you could use white watercolor or gouache)
- Stamps: Dream Catcher, Country Roads 2, Hello Friend
- Cosmetic sponge or ink dauber
- Watercolor brush
- Colored cardstock or premade card bases
- Craft mat or other non-porous surface (like a plastic placemat) to work on
1. Apply ink to cardstock directly with an inkpad. Apply ink to a craft mat, spray with water and soak up the ink with the cardstock. Flick watered-down ink on the card. Repeat until you like the way it looks and let dry.
2. If desired stencil a design on top with ink.
3. Stamp silhouette images over background panels using black ink. Ink edges of panel in black and adhere to card base.
The cards I made were 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″ (A2) and the small panels were 2 1/2″x3 1/2″ (atc size) and the farm panel was 4″x5 1/4″
*Please note, Affiliate links are used to Gina K Designs and I receive a small commission on the sale without costing you a penny more. It helps keep my videos on YouTube free and I thank you for your support and til next time happy crafting!